It’s never too early to plan for the holidays. If you haven’t thought about your marketing approach then you aren’t too late but you should really start thinking about how you will capitalize on the busiest few months in retail. With more and more money being spent online, you can cash in by strategically preparing yourself to be ready when the shopping season kicks off. Don’t forget that, every year, consumers are making holiday purchases earlier and earlier each year. Some have already started! Here are a few marketing tips to maximize your profits:
- Plan your marketing campaign right now so you’re ready to roll it out well before Black Friday. You want to be ready for an influx of business when the time comes, not spending time setting up your marketing campaign.
- Think about Black Friday deals and specials. Make the coupons (PDF, JPEG, whatever) and prepare your newsletter template so you are ready to send it in the preceding weeks.
- Think about direct mail postcards. They are the most effective way to use the USPS to market your business. Don’t put a letter in an envelope as it will most likely get thrown in the trash. Using a postcard increases the chance that your message will be seen exponentially.
- Market to your niche.
- If you aren’t on social media…get on it! Create a Twitter account. You’ll be amazed at how many qualified leads come from Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Network, network, network. Are there local businesses who you could partner up with? Find them…make the calls and link up to ensure BOTH of your businesses have a successful holiday season.
- If legal in your area, print out door hangers and hit the streets!
- Don’t forget that if you aren’t marketing, you aren’t making sales. Think about your marketing strategy at least once a day and, if you have a good idea, write it down, text it to yourself or email it to yourself so you won’t forget it.
Should you require assistance in making 2014 your most profitable holiday season please contact The Hardy Group at firstname.lastname@example.org or 434-770-0230
We’ll maximize your profits and help you have your best year ever!…and remember…it’s never too early to start planning for the holidays!